After packing away my summer dresses a few weekends ago, I felt like I needed to fill a small void in my closet. I have SO MUCH fabric laying around from various thrifting adventures and a recent haul, and this particular print has been calling out to me, practically begging to be turned into some sort of fall garment.
I used up most of a Sunday putting this together, but it was worth it, I think.
The pattern was kind of a fluke. I just cut a basic shift silhouette, and when it ended up being too wide, I pinched in about an inch and a half down the center front, sewed it up, pressed it flat and topstiched it down. Voila, faux placket. Then I took some gape out of the back neckline with two small pleats.
The collar was draped right on my dressform and I drafted some long-ish ties.
The arm opening is one of my favorite treatments; it comes from Colette Patterns' Sencha blouse. Finished it up with some small black buttons and a shirt-dress style rounded hem.