Friday, July 25, 2008

When you have interests or talents in a variety of things, it's difficult for people to make sense of you, define you. As an artist, student, whatever. Not that anyone needs to be defined... but as I venture into the working world, I'm finding that I have to market myself pretty explicity in order to be successful.


In my office, I'm regarded as a masterful database wizard, but I absolutely cringe at the thought of that actually defining me as a person. But the fact of the matter is, no one here really cares about my creative abilities or my penchant for single-horned mythical beasts. There's a time and a place I guess, but I'm not about molding my personality to context. Maybe I'll think differently come my corporate law years, but for now, I like the fact that people can't really write me off as anything.


See. I'm different.

No comments: